So its been raining all week, and still no thunderstorms! Unless you count the flash of lightning and the one thunderclap at about 7:42 this morning... sad day!
*Sigh* I want a thunderstorm so badly! Its my favorite thing about Spring... and we have yet to have a good one!
Oh well, I was actually planning on complaining about something else... yes, complaining! But I plan on doing it in a semi-good way, so don't judge me!
So here's my rant:
WHY RIGHT-HANDED PEOPLE ARE TOTALLY UNCOOL!
1. Cutting any item with a knife: If any right-handed person has cut something after a left-handed person, you may have a clue as to what I'm talking about, but probably not... I mean imagine if you will, trying to cut a piece of cake after a right-handed person; if you move the whole cake, people look at you weird and you draw unwanted attention... so you have 2 other options... a) cut it from the opposite direction and risk messing up the angles at which the cake has already been cut, or b) attempt to use your right hand and hope you don't end up cutting your own arm... In these situations, I think it best to get to the cake first and cut the piece you want then watch right-handers get confused over it. But as I was saying, cutting anything after a right-hander is so difficult and there's no way to hide your awkwardness...
2. Scissors: Left-handed scissors are the biggest joke in the world! You're better off trying to use the safety scissors for kindergartners! At least then, you can control the ripping... I have never been able to cut a straight line, and there s no such thing as a good pair of scissors for left-handed people.
3. Spiral Notebooks: The cheapest things ever. Spiral notebooks are great for writing in, because they are so cheap, but... you can't use them backwards! The stupid holes are already punched, so if you use them backwards... people get angry... or think you're dumb... So you use them the way they are supposed to be used, and what happens? The spirals end up getting imprinted on your arm, and if you're like me, you bruise or get your skin cut open by the dumb things... and yet all the other notebooks are so much more expensive... especially the left-handed ones! Do I detect a conspiracy???
4. Credit Card Machines: Using your left hand on one of those things is super annoying. especially when you're trying to sign your name... why? because the stupid string isn't long enough and you have to loop it around the whole machine to get it into your left hand, and the whole thing refuses to work and everyone stares at you like you're a moron, because you can't sign your name on the pad... Wal-Mart has the worst ones by the way!
5. Everything is based for right-handers: example; pickle jars. If you have ever tried to open a pickle jar with your left hand, its really difficult because you have to twist it towards the right, whereas your right hand already has an advantage... This is the only thing that my right hand actually works better than my left hand for...
6. Baseball: I don't know if you've ever seen a left-handed shortstop, but if you have, odds are he's amazing! Shortstops mostly are in charge of things on the left side of the field... if you're left-handed, then that means you have to cross your right arm over to get anything... its really annoying. And if you have a coach who cannot grasp this concept, then, it could be rather difficult for you to perform your best... However, left-handers make ideal first basemen...
7. Wii Games: You have to recalibrate the stupid Wii Remote so you can play the games... or you just have to learn how to play everything right-handed. That's so dumb... Twilight Princess for instance; I have been unable to finish this game, because I can't figure out how to get the stupid attacks to work for me... Its so annoying!
Oh well, I guess that's enough. I don't blame right-handed people, most of the time, they don't even realize there's anything wrong... because they aren't inconvenienced everyday of their lives. I guess I don't think you do it on purpose... maybe some of you do, but overall, i think that right-handed people just don't know that these things can be hard for us left-handers...
Thanks for reading :)
Song Title: Gathering Rain
Artist: Maaya Sakamoto
2 comments:
Actually, as a right-hander, I find it much easier to open pickles and other jars with my left hand.
I to find it easier to open jars with my left hand. Also I can't cut in a straight line unless I am using a paper cutter and even then no guarantees.
Post a Comment