So here's the first one... this prompt was to write about a dream we had, then we passed it around and other people finished it... it's a little creepy, but since it started with one of my dreams it pretty much had to be... and my friends took it way out, and made it maybe even more crazy than it actually was!
“Strumming my pain with his fingers
Singing my life with his words
Killing me softly with his song
Killing me softly with his song
Telling my whole life with his words
Killing me softly with his song”
The song played in the background as he cradled me in his lap. I felt so at peace. He gently stroked my hair and soon I felt as if I were going to sleep…
But then he spoke, his voice deep and smooth, sounding much like David Boreanaz, “You know, Audrey,” it surprised me that he knew my name, “you aren’t pretty enough to live.”
“What?” I was confused, “what do you mean? I’m not pretty enough? I don’t get it. I mean I know I’m not beautiful, but that’s alright?”
“You didn’t let me finish,” he interrupted, “I meant to say that you aren’t pretty enough to live without me.”
“Wow, how egocentric of you! You put me in position that I don’t feel like living then act like you’re the greatest thing since sliced bread!”
“Don’t you love me?” he asked.
“I once thought I did, but I’m not a stupid girl. If my Amanda heard what you just said, she’d castrate you.”
“She can’t castrate me… I’m not a male. I’m not human. Audrey, I’m Xavier.”
BBBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZPPPPPPPPPP
“OW,” I yelled, Xavier shocked me…I cried out in pain as the force of the shock threw me into the wall, my head landing against it. I awoke with a start and saw that I was bleeding.
“what is this?” I asked
“this is the future. This is the day you die.” He said in that lovely handsome voice. I could practically melt in his arms and live off his eyes.
“why?” I asked. I sounded frightened but I was trying to be brave.
“because I told you earlier your not pretty enough to live.” He said. His voice I started walking towards it. “sooner or later the choices we make end up hurting ourselves.” So dreamy. I didn't even notice the pressure on my back. “ people must be punished for their sins.” My body felt like it was on fire. From love? I'm not sure. “come join me we could be together you and i.” my legs stopped moving and I couldn't breath well. “ill take you to a far away place.” Such a nice voice.
“Xavier?” I asked. “Fire?”
His eyes turned from blue to icy black with red pupils. Suddenly concern gripped my heart. I looked around. I was in a white, padded room. Steam was rolling from my back, around my figure, I supposed from where his hands were on my back.
“You WILL give in to me. I am a GOD, don’t you know this? I have a RIGHT to feel the way I do about myself. I will make you one of my singing, dancing, dead minions!”
The dreaminess was violently yanked from my mind. WHAT? I thought. He was possessed his entire life. Obviously.
I stepped away from him and touched my back where the burning was. My hands felt wet. I looked at them. Blood, blood and water all over. DRIPPING from my fingers.
“What have you done? What have you done to me?!” I screamed.
This is NOT the Xavier I knew. Sure, we would have our fights, and he has been known to act like an 8-year-old who demanded special attention, but still, even with all that, I have a hard time believing this is something he’d do to me—that this is something he’d do to anyone. The Xavier I know wouldn’t even kill his father who has been trying to kill him. So if this isn’t the Xavier I knew, who was he?
It didn’t matter. I have no time to figure it out. I’m bleeding to death, and I’m pretty sure he’s going to try to take over the universe. I have to stop him. If I’m going to die anyway, I’d rather stop him while doing it. I’ve been to the future—he doesn’t rule. That must mean something. That must mean that I stop him! Maybe then people will finally believe that I’m a nice person. But the truth is, I’m not doing this for the world. I’m doing this for Xavier. For the REAL Xavier. I’m suddenly holding a knife in my hand. Where did I get a knife in my hand? It doesn’t matter, either. I can’t kill him, though. Not after that dream I had where I killed something else. I threw up after that, and that was a DREAM. I could never actually do that in real life. Wait… another idea popped into my mind. My arm suddenly hurts—I’m running out of time. It’s the only way! I grab my computer. “Xavier!” I say. The pretender looks at me from behind. I concentrate as hard as I can. A brilliant light illuminates from my computer, and it seems to draw this monster in. “I told you I was the center of gravity!” I exclaim. The pretend Xavier looks surprised. He struggles, but his life force is sucked into my computer. When it happens; when it’s all done, I fall to the floor. I’m exhausted, and I’m in pain. I’m still bleeding. “Don’t worry, Audrey” a kind voice says from behind. “I’m going to be here for you.” I try to open my eyes. Perhaps I am saved! “Squall took my place, Audrey. I no longer have to live in your computer. You freed me. Xavier. I knew it was him.
Yeah, so there's the first one... and this second one was based off a prompt that one of my friends wrote... about how when you die, there's a whole neighborhood around you filled with the dead. So here's what I did with it!
Yesterday, I died.
It was a beautiful ceremony. If you like the idea of rain crashing down and having your body thrown into a hole near a newly planted tree so as not to arouse suspicion…
However, my only wishes were not fulfilled and instead of burying me where I wanted, my murderer seemed to have gone the cheap route and buried me in a hole. Not that it really matters, but I so would have enjoyed having my own burial my own way… I guess that’s what happens when your family and friends aren’t given the luxury of burying their loved one…
The cemetery always seemed like such a quiet and serene place when I was alive. I used to walk around in them all the time and wondered how some of the people in them had died. I bet cemeteries are wonderful places to be laid to rest… I guess I’ll never know.
I met a “friend” today. I saw his ghostly form more clearly than I would have liked… He came towards me.
“I see you are new.” His accent was strange. “How long have you been here?”
“A few hours, I think.” I replied, not sure how I should respond.
“Ah, very fresh. Don’t worry, you’ll get used to this way of ‘life’ rather quickly.”
I was taken aback and slightly confused as to what he meant. I guess it showed on my face because he started talking again. “We all help each other see? It’s similar to how everyone lives now, in groups of houses or buildings. You’ll get to know all of us real soon.”
“But, I didn’t think this was how it happened…”
“Oh sure, for those who get a proper burial and have a final resting place… but for those of us, who never really get a place… we have to take care of each other if we can.”
“You mean I’m a lost soul?”
“Of course. If you weren’t, you wouldn’t be what those mortals call a ghost. Although there are even some people who get laid down who still have a need for something in the realm of the living.”
“How long have you been here? How long will I be here?”
“Well that all depends on you. We all have unfinished business and only when that business is taken care of can we pass on in peace.” He looked sorrowfully around, “which is why I’m still here after 275 years.”
“What?” I stood agape, “but, I don’t even think I have any unfinished business.”
“Well you must, otherwise you wouldn’t be here in the midst of the lost souls.” He waved his hand around and suddenly I realized that I really was surrounded by thousands on thousands of ghostly figures.
“Perhaps your business had to do with revenge.” A quiet girl said to me after hearing my tale. “There are some here who wish revenge on those who killed them. So, they influence the living to help with that goal. They are usually the first to leave. It must be nice.”
“Why would I want revenge? I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I don’t even know who killed me. One minute I was alive, the next, dead.”
“It was just a thought.” She shrugged her shoulders, “I don’t even know my reason for being here. I died of scarlet fever several hundred years ago, and I can’t think of any unfinished business I could possibly have.”
“Maybe, you hadn’t been with your family as long as you liked… so you stayed around, but when you passed over, you couldn’t remember that reason.” I was pushing for something.
She gazed at me. “Do you think that could have been it? I didn’t really get to spend much time with my family. But that thought never occurred to me until you mentioned it. I should have tried that.” She wandered off.
“This is why we all collaborate together. We are able to help others because we still think differently form others. The thoughts and ideas you have may be able to help one or even half of these people find their reason for staying behind long after their bodies have decayed.” The man I had first talked to was back. “When we help each other, we are that much closer to finding our own reason for not crossing over.”
“But I want to cross over!” I was growing weary of it all. I wanted to cross over so badly, but something just kept holding me back.
“You weren’t placed here by mistake; there is some unfinished business for you. You may not know what it is now, or maybe not even in 100 years, but have no doubt, that once you find it you will indeed cross over.”
So now I’m stuck here with a bunch of angry or depressed or disillusioned ghosts. If I could, I would cross over, but it seems that I have “unfinished business”. If it wasn’t for that stupid guy who killed me, I could be happy. Because I’d still be alive and then when I actually did die, I probably wouldn’t have unfinished business! Stupid guy!!!!! What was his name??? If I could only remember it….
Oh goodness, maybe I am here for revenge…
And there you have it, the end... sorry yet again on how long this post is and how it's just my writing club stuff... but I will actually write a good post about life, the universe, or whatever else I feel like!!!!
Song Title: It's Been Awhile
Artist: Staind
No comments:
Post a Comment