Thursday, November 20, 2008

Home...



So I have a song stuck in my head. The title is called "Home" it's by Breaking Benjamin. I'm not really sure why I like it, but I think it's really fun. It starts with probably the most famous line from "The Wizard of Oz"... "I'll get you, my pretty; and your little dog too!" So yes, the song has a Wizard of Oz type feeling to it, and I find it quite enjoyable.

I have alot of songs that I really like. Songs make me happy and I love just about every kind of music. I have found at least one song in every genre, that I've heard, that I like and could call a favorite. Seriously. I have music from just about every kind of music people can imagine. (Except maybe Russian)

My younger brother gets annoyed with me because I change the songs I'm listening to all the time. Whenever he rides in the car with me, he feels lucky to hear any song all the way through. Usually our conversations go something like this:
I make him shuffle through my mp3 player for a song...
"Oh, I love this song! It's like my favorite!"
He stops. "Do you want me to leave it here?"
"No, keep going."
"But I thought it was your favorite?"
"Yeah, but I want to listen to a different song... so keep going."
After I finally decide on a song, it stays on it for a few seconds to about a minute or so... then...
"Okay, go ahead and skip it."
He sighs. "Okay, even though it's one of your favorites?"
"Yeah, I want to hear a different song."
Then the process starts all over again.
I'm surprized he still rides in a car with me actually... I wouldn't. I'd think... "Goodness, listen to a whole song!!!! Why do you have to flip through it like a crazy person???!!!"

If I ever met myself... I don't think I could stand to be around myself for longer that three minutes. I'm surprized people actually chose to spend more than a few minutes with me. I guess i can be greatful that some people in this world can stand me and aren't afraid of me. It's good to know.

1 comment:

Gillian said...

I have some great Russian music! I will have to let you listen to it. I am sure you will find another favorite.