Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Writing club...

So we have a writing club every Tuesday night. Tonight, we did a pass-around story, where we all started a story and other people had to finish it.

Here is my story...

You and I are sworn enemies from this moment on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was the last sentence that she ever wrote to me. I don’t understand why she got so upset. I did everything she ever asked of me, maybe a little grudgingly, but I always did it, that’s the important thing to keep in mind…

She walked out of my life that day. Shut me down and never came back. Did I actually hurt her that bad? I hadn’t actually thought that I had. Maybe my jokes did go too far on occasion… Perhaps I really wasn’t as nice as I should have been. I never really asked about how her life was going, I just assumed she’d tell me if she had a bad day. I knew, or I thought I knew, all her secrets. But I didn’t.

One day as we were going along doing what we always do. Bantering, playing, throwing things at people. I turned and she was gone. A note on the floor was all she left never saying a thing. I searched for her. I went all over and despite my best efforts I couldn’t find her. She was gone and I blame myself. I couldn’t think. What had I done wrong? I didn’t know what to do without her she was my entire life everything I lived for where would she go? Why would she go?

I swore that I would look for her to find the answers. She had no right to leave me like that without an explanation. I wasn’t just upset, I was furious.

I was her enemy now? Fine. I’d show her just what sort of enemy I was.

“I, Aaron Michael, shall now go undercover to get my revenge on her, on Bella. I shall call myself Edward and change my face through the best plastic surgeon ever… Carlisle I think his name was. And you, my dear little friend, shall become my loyal steed.” He exclaimed as he looked at his dear friend, Xavier. However, Xavier didn’t want to become a steed, so, as the doctor took them in, he told him not to change him into such a horrible existence as a horse.

When they woke up, they took a look at themselves in the mirror.

“Yes!” exclaimed Aaron, “I am now a Pale Adonis! She will have no choice but to fall for me, then I shall break her heart with a surprise!”

“No,” exclaimed Xavier, “I’m a golden retriever puppy named Charlie! Oh what a dark and rainy night….*boom* Xavier was shot.

“I hate Golden Retrievers!” said the Pale Adonis with a huge grin on his face. Now, that Xavier is out of the picture it’s time to find Bella. Here Bella, Bella, Bella… There she was, looking like winter rain, a lost, faraway look in her eyes. I wanted to be her mortal enemy better than she was mine, but that look stopped me dead in my tracks. I had just shot a dog over our bitterness, and for what? I could not see the purpose in anything we had done. Nor could I see a solution. I wanted, with every fiber of my being, to hate her. But our history forbade it. I also wanted, with every fiber of my being, to fix things. But her anger and my loss made it impossible. What else was there for me to do?

I realized that I had but one option. Slowly, face of stone, I woke up. The last few paragraphs I must have fallen asleep. What a weird dream I had. Or was it a dream…

Yes, it was definitely a dream. I was still myself, stuck in the exact same place I was in the beginning. I was still in the same room that my friend walked out of me on. Maybe she was still here… if I ran fast enough, I could still catch her. I have to run after her! I am running… I didn’t even realize it, but I am running…

I didn’t have to run far. She had already come back. We just stood there, awkwardly. What can I say now? She spoke first.

“You know, I have a lot going on, too.”

“I know.” I replied. That’s the only thing I could think of to say.

“There’s a lot… a lot that I don’t tell you.”

“… But why?” He really wanted to know. If they were friends, shouldn’t he know what’s going on in her life? Did she not want him to know?

“It… it deals with a lot of things—a lot of things that are hard to explain. A lot of things that I don’t even think I’d know how to explain if I tried. It has nothing to do with trust. It’s just… “

Nothing else had to be said. After all, they were friends.

No comments: