So, today some of my family left after being here for Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving, and I love my family... but when we're all together... or mostly together, there tends to be some hilarious or not so hilarious moments...
My brother came down on Wednesday night, and nothing eventful really happened except for me staying up until about 3 am cleaning my room, to make it ready for Thursday. It's my own fault after all, I hate cleaning my room, and I hate it even more when I'm missing things... like my Pirates of the Caribbean 3. It never actually bothers me until I go to place my movies away, and then I realize that someone has it... (take your time by the way... it's fine, really)
Thursday... my sisters and their families came in. I'd like to say that my room was completely finished... it wasn't. My niece discovered this. As I was making the mashed potatoes for dinner, someone brings in a chocolaty little girl and a gnawed-on chocolate bar (the one I had been saving for several weeks). It was gnawed all around the edges, and not only was she covered in chocolate, but so was my bedspread. Oh, well... at least someone enjoyed it.
Thanksgiving dinner passed with mostly no problems...
After dinner some of us took a walk. On the walk, one of my nieces decided she had enough when she tripped, and she had to be taken home, one of my nephews spent the entirety of the walk collecting sticks... which my brother finally convinced him to drop. My other niece and nephew spent the walk in the double-stroller, where they picked at each other, but surprisingly... nothing happened.
On Friday, I went to try and get some sales... and I did get a few things... but I was mostly looking for other people... I hate Christmas shopping! It's so hard to shop for people, because the entire time I sit there thinking... "What if my family member/ friend absolutely hates this thing that I thought they would love???? What if I totally read people wrong???? Oh, goodness... why is this so hard??" I become a nervous wreck... and can't even think straight. So I ended up buying things for me as usual... I'd like to say I'm not selfish... but I am.
Then I went to work.
Friday evening, my niece discovered my box of memories... she started to tear them up. I got upset... Sadly, it wasn't something huge to get upset over... I blame my migraine that put me to bed just a few minutes after this incident... When I say box of memories, it's not anything big. It's a box full of ticket stubs that I have been collecting for about ten years... so to me, they are memories, but they don't mean anything to others...
I finally did apologize to my niece after I had calmed down a little... no wonder they think I'm mean.
Oh well, it's sad that they are all gone now, although I do get my room back... complete with a game of 275-card pick-up!!!!! Yippee. I will miss them all. I hope to see them all soon, hopefully in a more child-friendly environment.
2 comments:
SOunds like a blast especially the part about staying up until 3, had I been there i would have loved to save the candy bar from being gnawed on I would have just split with you while I helped clean. I also hate Christmas shopping and would mush rather shop for myself alas at this time I am to fat to even shop for myself so I stayed home friday and cleaned the dishes from Thanksgiving it is amazing the number of dishes 2 people can dirty.
Audrey..dispite what you think, the girls do love you! I had a good thanksgiving too. Also, I'm sending you hugs since you weren't home when we left, OOOOO, Hope to see you soon, also in a child friendly environment.
Post a Comment