Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Brief History of Xavier Amnishen...

Okay, so this post is about Xavier. His full name is Xavier Amnishen. I thought of that name a long time ago... I'm going to talk about Xavier now.

I have wanted to be a writer for a long time... sophomore year of High School actually. I wrote a story then, but it was awful... I try to forget about it actually... but anyways. I began writing a story in college about someone named Xavier Amnishen. He had a mind of his own and basically wanted the story to go his way. I was extremely stubborn though and refused to change the story.

After awhile, I got writer's block. Xavier's story was unfinished (and still is) and I couldn't think of how to end it. I'm no good with happy endings... I don't know why, I love happy endings. Xavier's story was put on hold... I assumed I would just go back to it when I had the chance...

shortly after this, I finally got my own computer... a happy little laptop... He's a wonderful computer (usually, okay that's a lie). After getting used to him, I decided to name him Xavier. I loved that character and I thought it would make a good name for a very important item in my life...

However, I think that my character got upset after I didn't finish his story. I started writing other stories on my computer and never got back to Xavier's story. I believe he finally got sick of me ignoring it. My computer began acting up. It was little things at first. A stuck key here, random jumping of the mouse, and then it escalated; the DVD drive opening during the key scenes in movies I was watching at the time, random programs opening while I was using a different one, random deleting of data, and so on...

Xavier was unhappy. So I pulled out his story and began writing it anew. Was he sated? I think not! There is no pleasing this beast. Xavier will haunt me for a long time yet...

I have yet to finish his story, and I'm terrified to write any others. So the amount of stories I have written and finished so far is two. One doesn't count, (the one from High School) and another one which was totally sad and depressing, that needs editing horribly, and I will eventually try and finish.

So until I can figure out a great ending for Xavier's story, I am stuck with a possessed computer and it's completely my fault!

So not as brief as I had hoped, but oh well.

2 comments:

Jules said...

this makes your computer SO much funnier to me.

i love it.

dont forget! thursday the 11th.

me. you. food. dramas.

inthisplace said...

Xavier is evil. He's acting like a child, really. Maybe he has PTSD.