
Wolf becomes wolves... isn't English strange? I know there are other words that do that, and I know I don't always pronounce them correctly. Lately I have discovered myself saying "wolfs" more often... (I also pronounce it "fiff" instead of fifth, and so on...) I guess it's a lot harder for me to make those sounds than I actually thought.
I can hear a difference, and I know I'm saying it wrong, but I can't seem to stop myself form doing it all the time. It makes me feel kinda dumb. I like hearing different pronunciations of the same words and trying to place where they could come from. But I think "wolfs" is one of those things people do when they have a hard time with the "v" sound.
But this post wasn't supposed to be about the pronunciation of the word wolves, it was supposed to be about the actual animal...
I LOVE WOLVES! They are my favorite animal. It makes me happy when wolves are given a good part in stories or movies or whatever... I have made a list (yes, I like lists...) of where wolves are good... some of these are actual things, others are literature or movies that make me happy about them.
*The social structure of humans is closest to the social structure of a wolf- this means that it is more likely for a wolf to raise a human over a primate (sorry, Tarzan... but your story is less believable than Mowgli's)
*Wolves are omnivores- this means that they can survive without meat in their diet. They like meat, yes... but they can do without it...
*Wolves can be domesticated- yes, it's hard, but it can be done... after all the domestic dog is a descendant of the wolf.
*Why are wolves so often portrayed as the villain? It makes me sad... it's profiling my friend! Wolves get a bad wrap... why is that?
*Over two of the most common legendary creatures (vampires and werewolves) a werewolf should be the obvious choice for a love interest:
1. He wont suck your blood
2. He isn't dead
3. You won't be considered a necrophiliac.
4. The moon is just awesome... and you can still go out in the day.
(By the way, this doesn't mean that either should be a love interest, but werewolves are better)
*Wolves are great side/ main characters. Examples:
Balto

Princess Mononoke
Hoodwinked
Due South
The Phantom
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
And yes, even Harry Potter...
*I bet if I had a pet wolf, I wouldn't freeze in the winter... they have such beautiful thick coats.
Okay, I'll stop... but I could go on. I could talk about how the deer problem is because of how the wolves were driven out... and that's why there are way too many deer and why I have to be careful on the country roads... but I'll stop for now...
2 comments:
Wolves are your favorite animal, and yet your blog is named for hedgehogs and butterflies...:)
*Over two of the most common legendary creatures (vampires and werewolves) a werewolf should be the obvious choice for a love interest:
...
3. You won't be considered a necrophiliac.
But that would be bestiality...which is definitely as, if not more, gross.
Post a Comment